Tuesday, March 22, 2016

LIES

Lies

A sinister darkness begins to evade the space around my head, popping my bubble of crystal clear happy. Slowly and pervasively simmering thoughts of condemnation arise from a voided cavern where poisonous thoughts didn’t lurk behind pillars of damaged self-esteem and doubt just a moment before. I hear your skillfully slithering, hatefully hoarse whisper in the dimly-lit restroom I’ve just entered. It has been a night to remember; another momentous notch in the turning point of pain. It’s not the first time you’ve come around viciously taunting me after overcoming and great joy have been mine. You rarely let a child of God ride high on clouds of victory long. I should begin to anticipate your attacks by now, yet often they catch me completely off guard. Your acidic venom spills forth as despair threatens to topple me like cascading tidal waves. For the briefest of moments, I struggle to hold onto this dangling rope of hope and joy. These moments ARE briefer. And therein lies the solace and the knowledge that ground is being taken back! One mountain of lies at a time.

“You won’t make it far this time either. You’ll see. You’ll always come back to me. You know, I’m always here and you will fall again………..another day.”

But I know my Rescue. I know the Way out. And we’ve been messaging. Daily. No. Hourly and by the moment somedays. I recognize His Strong Voice above your pitiful attempt at manipulative mind altering control! The pure and serene communion we have is far tighter wound than any false bond Ive ever shared with you! I have no blind-spots to your filthy accusations this time, because I've nailed shut the passageway from your salacious suggestions to my ears!! Instead, I've opened up the sweet channels of healing and grace for the Word of Life to come gushing forth and plant precious seeds to take root and choke out the weeds of doubt and disgrace in the garden of my heart and life.
Where you once were allowed full disclosure and permitted to run the gammet of thoughts streaming up and down the information super highway of my mind, I've learned by error and experience to replace with life-affirming, prison-breaking, grace-filled, love-laden, chain-busting, positive, faith-filled messages from the Lover of my Soul who fought to give His all for me. No more will I stand by and allow you to work me over your sadistic coals of shame, depression, and deception! I’m done with your empty promises of security and fleeting feel good feels! I stand firmly planted beside my Healer and my Deliverer to crush your face with His steel-toed boot heel. Yes, Jesus loves The Duke and Dirty Harry. I often picture him as more that…..taking crap off no one, especially YOU. He’s also more regally refined than William or Charles. And Fred Astaire holds nothing to His dance card.

I speak His unconditional love and grace over my mind, my body, and my home!
And as for you, you can be gone! Back from whence you came to rope in one of your little minions to your game. I’m proclaiming God’s Truth as a belt to my waist, and I’m wearing His helmet to protect my tender head and face. Across my chest, I’ll fasten a breast plate of right living, and the sharp sword I’ll brandish will speak His Word to my thinking.  My feet won’t go unless laced with His peace, and my shield is His faith which extinguish your lies in fiery defeat.
So you’re done with this Warrior. You’re done with this Child. You’re done with your scheming, attacking, and beguile. You’re done with this Princess; this Royalty confirmed. I haven’t got time for your games; you’re overturned!!


No comments:

Post a Comment